End user warranty
ALL WARRANTY CLAIMS MUST BE PRE-APPROVED BY FIAMMA, INC. OR THEY WILL BE DENIED.
Fiamma, Inc. warrants to the first retail purchaser that the product is free of defects in material and workmanship within the terms and conditions set forth below.
THIS WARRANTY IS NOT TRANSFERABLE
FIAMMA AWNINGS ARE DESIGNED TO PROTECT YOU FROM THE SUN, NOT RAIN OR SNOW STORMS, WIND, ETC.
1. RESPONSIBILTY OF THE COMPANY UNDER THIS WARRANTY:
Fiamma, Inc.’s responsibility under this warranty is limited to the repair or replacement, at Fiamma, Inc.’s option, of covered components with replacement components.
One (1) year limited warranty on parts, labor and standard freight on all components from the original date of purchase.
A. Duration of coverage is determined by the date of the original product purchase, not the date of any repairs made.
B. Some original equipment manufacturers (OEM’s) may offer warranties beyond the duration of this warranty. For claims after one year from the date of the original product purchase, refer to the OEM for warranty coverage.
3. WHAT IS COVERED UNDER THIS WARRANTY?
Defects in the manufacture’s material and workmanship of product under normal use and which occurs within the duration of the warranty period.
A. Fabric – Free from quality defects (excluding normal wear and fading)
B. Extrusions, hardware and springs – Free from defects
C. Motor assemblies and electronics – Free from defects
D. Labor - To replace or repair a covered defective component.
1. Labor payment is based on Fiamma, Inc.’s flat fee.
2. Fiamma, Inc. does not pay labor to access components that are located in obscure places.
E. Freight – Qualifying warranty shipments to be prepaid by Fiamma, Inc. will be shipped via UPS ground or by common carrier of Fiamma, Inc.’s choice.
1. Expedited freight is not covered under warranty. The customer is responsible for any and all expedited freight charges.
4. WHAT IS NOT COVERED UNDER THIS WARRANTY?
A. Damages not reported at the time of purchase.
1. Fabric damages such as pinholes and tears.
B. Damages or failures not related to the material or workmanship of the product.
C. Any failure that results from neglect, accident, wind, rain, snow, water pooling, any weather-related incidents or other acts of God.
D. Purchaser’s abuse - including but not limited to neglect, failure to operate or maintain the product in accordance with the instructions provided with the product and available on-line at www.fiammausa.com.
1. This includes damage to the motor, motor components, awning or vehicle due to continuing to use a motorized awning by replacing the fuse if it has blown.
A. If the fuse blows, close the awning manually, secure it in the closed position and take it to a service center for diagnosis and repair.
E. Improper installation - any damage or failure that is a result of improper installation or adjustment of the product or component, including fabric damage.
F. Normal wear - including the occasional need to re-tension or adjust the product.
G. Any component not sold or manufactured by Fiamma, Inc.
H. Any failure that results from the use of another manufacturer’s product with a Fiamma product that is not specifically approved in writing by Fiamma, Inc.
I. Any incidental, indirect or consequential loss, damage or expense that may result from any defect, failure or malfunction of the Fiamma product.
J. Damage while traveling due to the product not being stowed properly.
K. The removal or alteration of any product component or device will void this warranty.
1. WARNING: The motor wiring diagram must be followed exactly or the warranty will be void.
A. This includes nonuse of the motor micro switch, not wiring or removing the motor micro-switch, cutting wires to the motor micro switch or stripped wires to the motor or motor micro-switch.
B. Not installing the relay (not included) that cuts current to the motor when the ignition key is in the on position.
1. The relay avoids accidental operation of the awning when the vehicle is running.
C. Including the awning not being completely closed during travel not allowing the lead bar to contact/activate the motor micro-switch.
D. The addition of a component or device to any Fiamma electrical circuit or motor wiring not specifically approved in writing by Fiamma, Inc.
1. This includes any warning signals, lights, buzzers, alarms, etc.
E. The use of an incorrect size fuse.
F. This includes damage to the awning, motor, motor components and/or vehicle including while traveling using an improper size fuse.
1. Any expense related to delivery or pick-up of product to or from the servicing dealer including travel time, transport costs and/or service call charges.
5. RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PURCHASER:
IN ORDER FOR THE WARRANTY TO BE CONSIDERED, THE PURCHASER MUST PROVIDE PROOF OF PURCHASE, SERIAL NUMBER AND THE ORIGINAL RECEIPT. FAILURE TO PROVIDE THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION MAY DELAY OR VOID ANY WARRANTY CLAIM.
A. Promptly notify Fiamma, Inc. or seller of any warranty claim.
B. Any warranty claims must be reported to Fiamma, Inc. within the stated warranty duration period.
C. Provide pictures of the damage if possible. Additional pictures may be requested.
D. Provide a description of what occurred that caused any damage.
E. Retain dated proof of purchase for specified product and provide it as requested.
F. At the option of Fiamma, Inc., return the product or component for inspection.
1. Before any product or component can be returned an RGA (Return Goods Authorization) number must be obtained from Fiamma, Inc.
G. Inspect the awning upon purchase and/or receipt to confirm the condition and proper operation of the product or components.
H. Perform periodic maintenance as specified in the owner’s manual.
I. Use responsible care in the operation, use and storage of the product in accordance with the instructions contained in the product literature or on-line at www.fiammausa.com.
J. If it begins to rain, snow or becomes windy, we highly recommend closing the awning.
1. During light to moderate rains install the removable center rafter (not included with all awnings), lower one support leg and raise the other for water runoff.
2. If water or snow begins to pool or accumulate on the fabric, we recommend closing the awning.
A. Warranty does not pay for damage caused by the weight of water pooling or snow accumulating on the fabric weighing it down.
K. We highly recommend closing the awning if leaving it unattended.
6. WARRANTY CLAIM PROCEDURE: ALL WARRANTY CLAIMS MUST BE PRE-APPROVED BY FIAMMA, INC. OR THEY WILL BE DENIED.
Customer shall schedule a time with a service dealer. Repair or replacement will be scheduled and performed according to normal work flow at the servicing dealer depending on availability of replacement parts.
A. When a service dealer performs approved warranty repairs or replacements, the dealer is responsible for directly billing Fiamma, Inc. for warranted labor.
1. The warranty labor must be pre-approved between Fiamma, Inc. and the servicing dealer prior to any work being performed.
B. Fiamma, Inc. shall pay the respective servicing dealer for performing any approved repairs.
C. Fiamma, Inc. does not provide reimbursement for warranty claims paid for by the customer.
D. The customer shall pay only those cost not covered by an approved warranty.
7. THIS WARRANTY GIVES THE OWNER SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS. THE LAWS MAY ALSO GRANT OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. No action to enforce this warranty shall be commenced later than 30 days expiration of the warranty period. The duration of this limited warranty also limits the duration of any implied warranty such as warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular use or purpose. Some states do not allow such limitations so the implied warranty limitation may not apply to you. FIAMMA, INC. reserves the right to change the specifications and design of any product without notice and with no obligation to make corresponding changes to products previously manufactured.
8. Fiamma, Inc. does not authorize any person or company to alter the terms of this warranty policy.
9. Fiamma, Inc. reserves the right to modify prices, products and specifications at any time without notice.